Saturday 12 March 2011

March is still Bloody freezing

Been Snowing lots the last couple of days and must be still around -30 today as i think i froze my nose whilst on my bike.

Still having lots of fun, Cath has been out on a skidoo and has even started snowboarding we are also off to PowderKing on Wednesday taking some students off for some wintersports. I had a great time in Yellowknife ice fishing on the great Slave lake was a big highlight plus I got to meet some students from really far off places in the Yukon and Nunavat there was one student who lives on an island in the Hudson Bay and had never left it before, watching her walk around a WalMart was pretty interesting. Another student gave me a Bear Claw necklace that a family friend had killed long ago something I will treasure for a long time. Strange to think that in only 3 months we will be heading back to the UK. We have had a great time here and made loads of good friends (poker tonight) but we are starting to make plans for our return, still feels a little while away but with have lots on and I think when the snow finally goes (April time) we will know that we don't have long left.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jamie :) Glad to hear your enjoying Fort Liard :) Are you coming back for a break or for permanent?

    ReplyDelete