Friday 22 October 2010

After Edmonton

Well Cath and I have just returned from taking some high school students to Edmonton, took us nearly 20 hours to get there on the Greyhound, but it was a really enjoyable and helped us to really get to know some of the students a lot better. The Conference itself could have been better especially if they had added a few more seminars on the sunday. West Edmonton mall was one of the main attractions and is I believe the largest mall in North America, within it's walls it contains a cinema, theme park, water park, paintballing and possibly some shops. I set as new record by only visiting 4 shops in two days.

I realise that me being here is a truly life changing experience, but maybe not for me, but for my mother who has finally entered reality and with the us of my old laptop kindly given free of charge, she now has the world at her fingertips luckly she is a very slow typist at the moment.

If you are reading this HI MUM.

The weather now is pretty cold usually around -5 to -10 at night and then around 0 for most of the day, however today is the coldest we have had so far and i think it's still below freezing now, we are also forecast snow for the weekend and early part of the week.

Still very much enjoying it here and looking forward to the snow and skiing,
was planning to write all about the hamlet but have used up a lot of space already so will do that tomorrow.

Up the U's

No comments:

Post a Comment