Friday 29 October 2010

Preparing for Halloween

My outfit has been created and candy (sweets) and cookies have been made, just wanting for the hordes of kids to decend on Sunday. I always knew that Halloween was a big think in Canada but honestly it is as big if not bigger than Christmas around here. Some of the houses have been decorated for weeks and impressibly so.

The weather has been coldish with all days below freezing, yesterday the sun was out and down by the river, which is starting to freeze up the light was going crazy off the ice. I have seen the Northern Lights once and still looking forward to the BIG snow that will fall fairly soon I'm sure.

This weekend we have a halloween party for the kids on Saturday and the following weekend Cath and I are hoping to be off to Fort St Jojn on a little road trip with some friends.

I would also like to welcome my new Nephew in to the world, Nathan Watson was born on wednesday morning and weighed 6 pound something. So Congratuations to Rachel and Kelvin enjoy the sleepless nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment